Revenge of Matsui is the thirteenth episode of Code Monkeys and the last episode of the first Season. It is preceded by Vegas, Baby! and followed by The Story of 420.
- The cover of Clarence's video game is a reference to the cover of Super Mario Galaxy, the cover features stars on the letters U,R,M,R,G,A,Y.
- Cloud Strife is walking through the intersection along with Godzilla.
- Yougetsu's game "Wong" is an allusion to the first video game, Pong.
- The platform on top of the Protendo building is a Nintendo Entertainment System.
- When Benny is riding with Larrity, Benny is holding a sandwich full of coins from Super Mario Bros.
- Super Code Monkeys is a reference to the Super NES, the "next level" of gaming.
- Todd raises his sword and says the famous line from He-Man "By the power of Greyskull!"
- Harrison Ford is dressed as Indiana Jones.
- Dave mentions Ford's Sci-Fi Movie Blade Runner.
- Yogetsu is a clear parody of Yoda from the the Star Wars franchise.
- Sean Connery's appearance is a parody of the movie "The Hunt for Red October".
- "Blue September" appears on screen when the Russian sub detects the Notajetski.
- Sean refers to Harrison Ford as "Junior" this is another reference to Indiana Jones.
- Dave mentions the tennis legend John McEnroe and his Anger Management.
- The Helicopter and the ending sequence of the episode is a parody of Magnum P.I.
- The sword on the table at Protendo is Leonardo's katana from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Darth Vader's helmet can be seen burning in the background of Yogetsu's hut, this is a reference to Return of the Jedi, and Vader's fate.
- The boss of Protendo stands in mirrors when Larrity walks into the room this is a spoof of Bruce Lee's final confrontation in Enter The Dragon.
- When Black steve starts knocking over furniture "Chocolate Rage" appears on screen. This is a parody of the song Chocolae Rain.
- The Notajetski is a yellow submarine.
- "I've seen better lasers at Pink Floyd concerts."
- Mr Larrity mistakenly refers to ninjas as being from "those chinaman movies" when ninjas are Japanese.
- Dave declares on his resume that he speaks Japanese, when he actually speaks Spanish, albeit badly.